Batu Caves - 15 July 2007
All these years, whether I am on my way up to Genting, Bukit Tinggi, Kuantan, or Triang, I always passed by Batu Caves and thought to myself, I would never climb up these stairs... Just like I thought I would never be a programmer, just like I thought I would never have a long distance relationship =p
Finally, yesterday I did the unbelievable!! Not only did I forgo my lovely Sunday afternoon naps, I climbed Batu Caves in the drizzle!! So not me…
So my exercise started of with Roti Canai...ahh...why not leh..actually I wanted to have banana leaf rice...but that would just be too too much =p
The steps were fairly steep, and I was kinda afraid of slipping or losing balance, then tumbling down (I had a very bad fall when I was young, so bad that I don’t remember what happened… that explains my occasional cuckoo behaviors)... but once I saw that there were monkeys around, I was more frightened of the monkeys =p
Yes, I, Li Ean, born in the zodiac year of the monkey is terrified of monkeys! hehe...of course lah...some monkeys will attack people who are carrying plastic bags or food...not like I had any food in my handbag...but still...if they really did attack, I dunno whether to run up, or run down or jump down, or roll down, or attack the monkeys back, or get rabies...hmmm...luckily nothing led to this situation...the monkeys here are quite well behaved…or well-fed…so they were pretty ok compared to the once I’ve seen before… *blushing*
Shockingly, climbing up these staircases is not as tiring, straining and scary compared to the Great Wall of China or Ayers Rock Australia...haha! (and people who wanna climb Kinabalu come train here? )
Nice cave...I like this cave because it wasn't dark and slimy...no birdy poopies.. And the floor was nicely tarred, and it was very spacious...I like...So I had no chance of feeling claustrophobic...no monsters either….hahaha
Anyway, I am really glad I came here...
So now, if I was to recap back all my local trips I’ve done for this year…I have been to
1. Pulau Perhentian/Pulau Redang/Pulau Lang Tengah
2. Genting
3. Ipoh
4. Kuantan
5. Penang
6. Bukit Merah Laketown
7. Batu Caves...
So sad..I didn't accomplish any of my planned overseas trip =p I guess I am really supporting our Visit Malaysia 2007 =p I feel so so patriotic =p

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home