I just learnt how to play Mahjong last night (23rd August) at Susan's place. My 2 "professional" friends, Kelvin Chan and Susah Loh thought me how to play =) I never thought that this game could be so interesting and addictive!!.
For years I've been watching people play but I could never understand the game. I was also amazed at how people get so crazily addicted to it. Now I know, and I must admit, it is really fun and mind boggling. But I still need some guidance here and there, especially on the points system...And I cannot really recognize the tiles yet, especially the blue character tiles, they look so alike.. haha!!
I am feeling very enthusiastic now, can’t wait to go home and play Mahjong tonight with Jeff and my parents. I think I'm beginning to really love this game. Actually, I love playing games that rack my brains, not sports. So games like Sudoku, 'poh-kuat' (Chinese gin rummy using tiles) and puzzles makes me excited. But I don't know how to play chess. No one has thought me yet, anyone?
So last night, I think we played for about an hour. After 5 games, we started playing money...hehe...so funny.. my friends kept saying in Chinese "pan chu sek lo fu"
cos I kept winning. Beginners luck lah.. haha.. Overall, I made 2 bucks =)
So if you have never tried playing Mahjong, you better start now because this game is something that you really don’t want to miss!

2 Comments:
fuh... wei come my house play mahjung.. i learnt this year .. kakaka
hehe...to practice or to play for real? if we start practicing now, by the time its CNY we could be hustlers =)
Post a Comment
<< Home