Dear Blog,
I am thinking about an old friend right now, someone I care about and admire a lot. To me, he’s my ‘payment knowledge’ dictionary.

My old friend is Uncle Clarence.
I had the privilege of working with him in 2005 in some Hong Kong projects. The knowledge he shared with me was abundant, and over flowing. He’s really generous; a good teacher.
It was even an honour when he came down to KL back in April 2006, and allowed me to bring him out. What an honour!! So, on the first day, my colleagues and I picked him up from Prince Hotel KL, where he lived and went to Pak Loh Chiu Chow Restaurant at the Feast Village, Starhill Gallery.
Honestly, I was nervous around him. I can’t believe I have finally met my role model! Live, and in person! all the way from Hong Kong! like a Hong Kong movie star!! Haha!!Anyway, the food was so so, and very expensive. I don’t really like TeoChew food, but I think he liked it, so that is more important! I prefer our local Malaysian food.
So on the next day, we took him to Little Penang in Midvalley for lunch. (I am not a guy, so the picture next to him is my senior, CS Tan)You know, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I prefer the food in hawker stalls. Cheap and yummylicious..hehe…
I’m not gonna talk about the hygiene level in our Malaysian food. It’s not a good topic to talk about..haha!!
His trip to KL was very short. But he taught my team so many things in the training. Honestly, since it has been more than 4 months already, I can only remember 25% of it. Haha!! I hate trainings; I prefer having hands on work.
On his last day in KL, we brought him around KL for sightseeing. Places that I never go, and never want to go unless it’s really necessary. Haha…Many many times, I blurted out aloud “So hot!! So hot-lah!”… hehe…so rude of me…but the weather was really very hot.. But thank God for good weather lor…hiayah.. I am so unappreciative..
I haven’t heard from him for quite a while.So, I’m going to email him now!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home