Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2007 AIGSI Family Day

Hehe...it has been more than a month...but here is my 2007 AIGSI Family Day (7th September 2007 - 9th September 2007) story =D

On Friday, 7th September 2007, I followed the bus to Swiss Garden, Kuantan...I didn't sleep a wink in the 4 hour bus ride because I was really nervous...I had to be emcee for the 2 nights!!
We arrived late Friday evening, checked into our rooms straight away…I had to share the room and same double bed with Caryn from HR...hehehe... I wish it could have been with Jarrod though =p someday soon I hope? Sadly we didn’t get the seaview room…our room faced some coconut trees near the swimming pool =p… But the room was pretty big and nice..and the toilet was not too bad =D I won’t mind going there again..hehe…

After checking in, I checked out the beach…very nice beach…but the sea water was too rough to swim…hehe…rough water not good for bikini gua..hehe..Besides, I am not a good swimmer…I almost drowned a few times before…one was in Melbourne while learning to dive, and one in Kuala Kubu Baru when I fell off the raft into the level 5 white water rapids...hehe...

So, first nite dinner, the committee’s all sat together…So the guy drinking orange juice in the picture below was the F&B guy, Horng Yih..name sounds familiar? He was my Japanese sensei.....Anyway, the whole nite, he was really stressed up =p so stressed that he stones…hehehe… he was so so worried about the food...hmmm...hehe…the one in red is Caryn, my sleeping partner for the weekend...hehe... and far right is Yee Lee, HR boss...funny lady...

Dinner was great, but I didn't eat much cos I was nervous emceeing a little here and there =p I didn't really follow my script too...had to do 'em adhocly due to changes....Deng!!

picture below - from left to right : Horng Yih, me, Yee Ping, Vivienne, Lynette and Caryn

After dinner, everyone played some telematch games…I went to bed pretty late that nite cos we had to meet up and count the points…ZzzZzz…Anyway, I was really tired that nite, I slept in one position, and woke up in that same position..hehe…luckily Caryn didn't kick me...

Next day we had more games…got our welcome gift too, a Manchester United scarf..hehe…

Finally, the night I’ve been waiting for…I was the emcee on the AIGSI cultural night…the big one…luckily I didn’t chicken out…according to my mom, last time when I was in kindergarten…I was suppose to read out a speech in front of a lot of people…u know, one of those kindergarten performance nite…So I went on stage..stoned awhile…and then ran away…luckily I didn’t do that this time..hehe…but I wasn’t really good that nite…I was really conscious…trying hard to catch the crowd….trying hard not to be myself...hahaha...Honestly, I am a really loud and funny face person…I was really reserved that nite…oh well…my first and last time...well, at least I think I looked good...hehe...nice pink tube top and "batik" skirt...

Overall, it was fun…I won RM1000 in the lucky draw =D my first time ever….so happy! This is the best company Family Day in Malaysia ever !! Hehe…first and last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home